We haven't been doing anything too exciting this past month, but it sure feels like we have been extra busy! Both Dustin and I worked a lot in August. It seems every minute of our spare time was spent playing with Olivia--at the park, in the backyard, going for walks, playing ring around the rosie, etc... Here are some pictures of our past month:
I made Olivia a bean bag. Of course Olivia had to help too. She is at such a fun age where she likes to 'help' with everything! I never did get a picture of Olivia with the finished product, but I"m sure it will end up in a picture on here sooner or later.
As Olivia becomes more independent, we find that the house becomes more messy. This is especially true for meal times. We try to teach Olivia the right way to eat, but she still likes to explore her own methods of eating. Which reminds me.... I think I still have some chocolate pudding caked on the wall that I forgot to scrub off the other day...
One of Olivia's favorite games lately is 'getting ready'. She loves this little vanity set that cousin Macy let her bring home to use. We usually can't get ready without her two best friends: baby and carebear. Putting on lipstick and nailpolish is pretty serious business around here.
Bubble baths! This is another one of Olivia's latest favorite things to do. She runs to the bathroom and yells bubble (bubo) when she is ready for her bath.
The other day I braided Olivia's hair. She had some wild curls when we took the braids out. Olivia has been on a big sausage kick lately. She runs to the fridge and yells sausage (shasha!). Here she is eating a pepper deer stick with her wild curls
Dustin took Olivia back to the farm for a few days. Here grandpa Darrell was giving Olivia some bracelets. She thought it was the greatest thing ever and had them all over her arms and legs!
This is ring around the rosie from our prospective-- Love it!
Our little helper. I can't believe that she hasn't broken anything yet the way she swings the broom around.
Olivia has been kind of obsessed with boots lately. She has insisted on wearing boots (boo) everyday, no matter what she is wearing. I have been trying to get a good picture of her with her boots and skirt on, but she kept on chasing me around. This is about the best I could get.
My family came to visit over Labor Day weekend. Olivia absolutley adored her cousin Macy (Meemee). They played so well together. Every time Macy left the room, Olivia would run after her yelling Meemee!!!
Such a grandpa's (papa) girl.
Watching Dora and eating a snack. Great way to end the night!
Cousins out for a walk
Macy and Olivia were playing with Olivia's hair stuff. You will notice that Macy has like 3 clips in the one side of her hair and I swear Olivia has about 20 ponys on her arm.
No comments:
Post a Comment