Thursday, August 8, 2013

Well, 2013 is really shaping up to be a year of changes! Back in March we bought a new house and also found out that we were expecting baby #2. We have been busy settling into our new home and trying to squeeze in lots of quality time with Olivia before she has to start sharing mom and dad.
I had renegotiated my contract at work, and was able to take most of the month of July off. It was great to have some extra time to visit family, enjoy some quiet time to myself, get caught up on stuff around the house and just enjoy more time with our little family at home. Dustin kept himself pretty busy throughout July though, with some deck and other projects for a few people in the area.
I'm thankful we were able to have such a nice, laid-back summer, because August has sure started off with a bang! I was recently offered a new position at the college, which I will start next week. I have been frantically trying to get things in order with my current job so it's a smooth transition for the next person coming in. I will start my new position as Power Skills Coordinator at the college (coordinating tutoring and disability services) on Wednesday. It's a brand new position and with classes starting in just a couple of weeks, I'm going to have a pretty hectic start. I suppose by the time things slow down a bit, it will be time to have this baby too! With the job change coming up and Dustin taking on a few extra shifts at work, this may be the last blog post for a little while. Anyway, here are a few things we've been up to over the past month...
 
Silly time with our beautiful princess!
Olivia got dressed up in her tutu and came out and told me "Hey mommy! Me a beautiful princes!" After we finished taking some silly pictures, she demanded "mommy, dance with me!" How could I say no? I had to put on a tutu also, and we spent the afternoon dancing and having tea parties.
 

 
 


 
 
 
Pinterest fail.... I found a recipe on pinterest for some sidewalk paint. So one day I mixed some up for me and Olivia to use. Well, painting with a brush turned into finger painting, which turned into painting with her feet too. I didn't think much of it until we went to clean up and the paint had left her hands and feet stained green! Ha!
 




Back in July we were able to get down to South Dakota to see my family. Olivia had a blast playing with her cousins Macy and Aiden.


Aiden takes a little while to get used to new people. He will have absolutely nothing to do with me. He loved Dustin though! He would go right up to Dustin and reach for him to be picked up.

On our way home from South Dakota, we made a stop at Storybook Land. Olivia had lots of fun. I think her favorite parts were riding on the carousel and riding the train. She also got to play on the playground and feed the goats.





No comments:

Post a Comment