Thursday, November 14, 2013

Welcome Hadley Jo!

I'll warn you right now, there will be MANY pictures in this post. :)

On November 2nd at 8:45am we welcomed in another daughter; Hadley Jo. She weighed 8lbs 1oz and was 19 3/4" long. Labor and delivery went better than I ever could have imagined, and Hadley was as healthy as can be. We are just so blessed to have two beautiful little girls.



Olivia's face in this picture says it all. She adores Hadley Jo (or as she often corrects us "Hadwee Do"). She is always gazing at her, holding her hands, kissing her, etc... 

Proud daddy! 

Any thoughts on who she looks like???


I want to see her toes mom!


We were so lucky that my family came up the weekend I went into labor. All of our other sitters were busy with a wedding that weekend, so I was a little bit nervous on what we were going to do.
One of the first times my mom held Hadley, Olivia said to her "Don't drop her! Give her back!" She is going to be one protective big sister! 


Hadley is a very happy baby. She smiles all the time. I just wish I had my camera ready to catch more of them. 

Me and my girls


Olivia was very excited that I found matching outfits for her and Hadley.  Hadley didn't really seem to care for it though.

 Olivia is a very big helper. She has to be involved in every diaper change, bath, or anything else with Hadley.

My sisters and Macy came up to visit last weekend. Olivia was super excited to get to play with Macy. 

 Olivia also likes to read to Hadley. She will hold up the book and show Hadley the pictures and tell her what is on the page. It's so sweet.

We didn't get Olivia out trick or treating this year. She got to go at daycare and got a ton of candy there, so we just skipped it this year. One of our neighbors had a halloween treat for Olivia, and came by to drop it off the other day. So, we had Olivia put on her Halloween costume and say trick or treat to get it. The funny thing is, Olivia doesn't really know what carebears are. So, she runs around the house roaring like a scarey bear, which just seems too funny in her big pink carebear costume. She also seemed to think that bears rode horses, so she insisted on a pony ride from daddy. 

Hair bow, bib and underwear. One of her many creative outfits... 

Olivia and I had a pajama party a few weeks ago. We dressed up in jammies, bath robes and ate popcorn and watched movies. She thought it was pretty neat.


Olivia loves steak. She especially loves to eat it right off the bone. A few nights ago when Dustin made steak, she reached over and grabbed the bone off his plate to eat. 



You may have noticed Olivia wearing the same halloween outfit in many of these pictures. Lately, this has been her favorite outfit. It is almost impossible to get her to take it off so that I can throw it in the wash.

That is about all I have to post for now. We have really enjoyed the first (almost) 2 weeks of having Hadley home. She has been an awesome baby. Olivia loves her new baby sister so much. She was acting out a bit for us, but has now started settling down and adjusting a little better to all the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment